Some things i did in the past couple of weeks ;_ ; I’ve been so busy with school, but here are school things and personal things. I want to draw more and post more tho ;_ ;
SOME PEOPLE ARE GRIEVING BECAUSE A NURSE’S DOG WHO POTENTIALLY CONTRACTED EBOLA WAS H U M A N E L Y PUT DOWN.
THEY RIOTED OVER THIS.
THEY SIGNED A 390, 000 PETITION TO SAVE THAT DOG.
PEOPLE ARE BEING EXECUTED IN THE STREET FOR BEING BROWN AND YOU WANT TO RIOT OVER A DOG.
→ Bucky Barnes in 5 from this.
Step by step, this is how I did it:
1. I had a sketch on a hot pink layer. I duplicated the sketch, turned the luminescence down, merged it all together. Slapped on a base skintone, merged that with the sketch.
2. I colorpicked a shading tone from the linework that ended up being like a vaguely purply-peach color. I made a little palette on the side for colors I’d be working with. Also, I’m painting all of this entirely on one layer so that’s something to keep in mind.
3. Grabbed some more colors for my shading palette from the linework + base color layer. Started playing with highlights as well.
4. Started blocking in where I wanted darker colors for the shading and kept on blending the highlights.
5. blend blend blend blend colourpick blend blend colourpick blend etc etc ad nauseum
6. thought the colours were looking a little washed out, so i duplicated the layer, set the duplicated layer to shade, turned it down to like 11% opacity, hue shifted it to be more peachy/pink.
7. decided it was TOO pink, hue shifted it to be more neutral/yellow.
8. shade shade shade blend blend colourpick define highlights define details define define define. Opacity of my brush was varying a LOT here, like fluctuating every 7-10 strokes.
9. LE YEUX!
10. more defining. I narrowed the bridge of his nose a little and added more highlights.
11. LES YEUX! Deux yeux. Also more shading, hon hon hon.
12. Eyes are done. i think that’s the only thing thats changed here.
13. Alors, he is looking like he’s got some life in him now. This was a multiply layer, 100%, veeeery pale pink fluffed out with white.
14. And we’re done. This layer was a little bit of highlighting on the apples of his cheeks, around his eyes a bit more, I think I adjusted the weird neck-saddle shadow he’s got going on there, annnnd that’s about it!
Hope that helped!
President Barack Obama at the White House Correpondents’ Dinner.
OBAMA HAS TOTALLY STOPPED GIVING A FUCK AND IT’S THE GREATEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN
this shit was brutal
If he wasn’t the President he would make a killer stand-up comedian
this never gets old
I met the creator of this a month ago and he said he got a lot of hate mail from dudebros who thought that he was a woman complaining about these problems.
- Because girls are *falsely* taught in public schools that as virgins, that the first time they have sex it has to hurt, and that bleeding is normal/expected.
- Because reproductive rights are still a battle. Every year there’s hundreds of proposed legislation trying to limit reproductive rights.
just a small town girl. Living in a racist, insensitive, sexist, homophobic world,
(cant take the midnight train ‘cause im fuckin scared)
Just a city boy, shot by cops in south Detroit
"He coulda had a gun hiding anywhere"
Up and down the boulevard
Trash cops, assholes in the night
(it goes on and on and on and on)
i don’t care if it’s a only a joke, please don’t make comments about how someone’s choice of field of study isn’t going to take them anywhere because it can be a great source of stress and your joke won’t help.
especially in the arts. We’re under enough stress as it is